Frequently Asked Questions & Event safety
Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help you in your planning to attend Grid Edge Technologies Conference & Exposition.
The exhibit hall will be located at:
San Diego Convention Center
111 W Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
|Wednesday, April 12||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday, April 13||10:00 AM – 3:00 PM|
- Booths canceled or reduced in size by 4 October 2022 are eligible for a refund of 75% of cost for canceled/reduced exhibit space (i.e. exhibit space $3200, paid $1600, refund of $800 due).
- Booths canceled or reduced in size after 4 October 2022 are not eligible for a refund even if space is resold.
- Any company cancelling all or part of their contracted exhibit space after this date will forfeit any payment previously made.
I’ve received contact from a vendor that I’m not sure is approved by IEEE PES Grid Edge. Who’s a trusted vendor?
- Monday, April 10
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
- *Booths 600 SF or larger (if needed, times arranged directly with exhibitors)
- Tuesday, April 11
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- All Exhibitor Move-in
- Must be set by 4:00 PM
- Thursday, April 12
- 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Friday, April 13
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Must be removed by 10:00 AM
Full exhibitor schedule is available here.
Exhibitors can access the show floor during move-in and move-out hours which are available here. On show days exhibitors can access the show floor beginning at 8:00 AM and must exit the floor once the hall closes each night. Please note: if you hire an EAC they cannot access the exhibit hall on show days. The EAC guidelines with additional details are available here.
Electrical services can be ordered through the Exhibitor Service Manual.
POV & CART SERVICE
Will you be bringing your booth materials in a POV (Privately Owned Vehicle)? Freeman will provide Cart Service for those with POVs. What is considered a POV? Any cars, pick-ups, vans, trucks primarily designed for passenger use, not cargo or freight. Some service highlights can be found below. For the full details, directions, qualifying vehicles, and fine print, please click here.
Cart Service Includes:
- Freeman workers with flat cart scooters will assist with unloading.
- Each cart can handle a load of 3’ wide X 4’ long X 3’ high
- Each load must not exceed 300 lbs.
- Storage of empty cardboard/product boxes (no additional charge)
Rates: $184.25 per round trip (from dock to booth and booth to dock)
Service Dates & Times:
Move-In: Tuesday, 11 April 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Move-Out: Thursday, 13 April 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Any vehicles that do not qualify for this service or require mechanical assistance to unload will be directed to the Freeman Marshalling Yard.
Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EACs) are independent contractors hired by exhibiting companies. These are companies that are typically signatory to the local unions. They can include labor building your booth, booth supervisors, booth designers, independent display companies, etc.
EAC’s will only be granted access to the show floor if show management has received the EAC Authorization form and a valid Certificate of Insurance. They will not have access to the exhibit hall on show days. The EAC submittal form can be found here.
EAC companies that are not registered and have approved insurance will not be allowed to work on the property.
Registration and Visas
Booths come with 4 (or more) complimentary exhibitor badges, which allow access to the Exhibit Hall, Sessions and Networking Events. Exhibitors who wish to add additional exhibitor registrations may do so through the registration portal.
Booths come with 4 (or more) complimentary exhibitor badges, which allow access to the Exhibit Hall, Sessions and Networking Events. Badge allotments are based on booth size, refer to table below for actual allotments.
|Booth Size||Badge Allotment|
|Greater than 400 SF||9+1 additional badge per 100 SF|
Ex: 600 SF = 11 badges
No, each company can register any company personnel of their choice, we do not pre-register the contact that reserves the booth. Registration will open in December 2022 and exhibitors will be sent information on how to register their complementary badges.
Exhibitor badges allow access to the entire IEEE PES Grid Edge show (sessions, exhibit hall and networking events. Registration now.https://xpressreg.net/register/grid0423/exhibitor/login.asp?e=
Marketing, Attendee Lists, Leads and Special Events
There are many ways you can promote your participation in Grid Edge. We are currently working on more info and downloadable examples for you to make your promotions easy.
In addition, through your exhibitor badge registration portal, you can use the Invite Customers section to provide your customers and prospects a reduced rate Conference Registration. You can download the form from the portal to do an email blast or mailing to invite your customers and prospects to visit your booth or duplicate the one in this manual found on the previous page. They can register on-line and save time and money.
Information on how to purchase attendee mailing lists is available here.
Lead retrieval ordering information is available here.
Lead retrieval is a scanner that can be used to scan badges of the individuals that come by your booth. With the scanner you will have access to the contact information, including emails, for these individuals.
Material handling (drayage) is the service of receiving freight at either the advance warehouse or show site. This service includes the following:
- Acceptance of freight shipped to advance warehouse
- Storage of up to 30 days prior to move-in
- Delivery of freight to show site OR acceptance of freight delivered directly to show site
- Delivery of freight from dock to booth
- Pick up and storage of “empty” crates/boxes for duration of show
- Delivery of “empties” from storage back to booth for move-out
- Freight transferred from booth to dock for return shipment
- Loading of crates/boxes onto outgoing carrier
Additional shipping info, costs and contacts is available here.
Domestic shipping for the show will be arranged through Freeman. You can choose to ship to the:
- Advanced Warehouse – Shipments can arrive between 13 March – 3 April 2023
- Show Site – Shipments must arrive on-site starting 11 April 2023
- Further details and costs are available in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
International shipments: the preferred International Freight Forwarder is DSV Solutions – Fairs & Exhibitions. Contact: Colin May / +1 (786) 577-6750 / [email protected].
More shipping details, costs and contact info is available here.
Outbound shipping details are available here.
Freeman is offering a special one-way all-inclusive standard ground and material handling shipping package with show-to-show transportation. Your shipment will be delivered to the Freeman Advance Warehouse in Anaheim, CA to hold for Grid Edge. Order before 1 February 2023. All Caravan questions please contact Amber Tessicini at Freeman. For Caravan rates, charges and details click here.
2023 IEEE Power & Energy Society Grid Edge is fast approaching, and we look forward to welcoming you to the event on April 10-13, 2023 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA.
Your health and safety remain our top priority for the event, and we will practice protocols that reflect a spirit of respect and care for our community throughout the event. We will continue to actively monitor local- and country-specific guidelines related to COVID-19 case management and evolve our policies as needed.
In accordance with local guidance, protective masks are now optional indoors. At this time, 2023 IEEE PES Grid Edge does not intend to require participants to wear protective masks while attending the event.
All participants should feel safe and comfortable while attending the event. We ask that all participants be respectful of the mask-wearing and social-distancing preferences of their fellow participants. Masks will be available at registration, if needed.
Although not required, participants are encouraged to consider taking a COVID-19 test before traveling to the event and if they become symptomatic at any time during the event.
Should you feel unwell and develop symptoms related to COVID-19 while attending the event, please stay masked and quarantined (if possible) until you are able to test. Contact the onsite conference management team at [email protected] as soon as possible so your situation can be monitored and supported, as needed. Doing so will allow the team to take appropriate precautionary measures for the health and well-being of fellow participants.
Guidance on acquiring a rapid test or accessing local testing locations can be found by contacting the event manager. Please do not go to the registration desk. Please do not go to the registration desk.
Out of an abundance of caution, we ask you to take the following steps:
Step 1: Take a COVID-19 rapid test as soon as possible, staying masked and quarantined (if possible) pending testing and results. Until you take a rapid test and receive results, it is recommended you refrain from attending the in-person conference sessions and events and wear a mask if it is necessary to be in public places outside the event.
If you test negative for COVID-19 after becoming symptomatic while attending the event, please use your best judgment to determine whether you should resume attending conference sessions or events and/or continue to wear a mask in public places, bearing in mind the potential for false negatives on early tests. Please consider both your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of other conference participants.
Step 2: If you test positive while attending the event, you must promptly notify the onsite event management team at [email protected] so they can:
- provide further guidance on isolation requirements in concert with venue personnel
- offer support as needed (hotel accommodation modifications and connection to local medical providers/emergency centers if necessary)
You should refrain from attending conference sessions and events and continue to wear a mask in public places outside the event.
All communication and information in support of your situation will remain confidential in line with data privacy regulations.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued a set of protocols that you should follow if you are feeling unwell, displaying COVID-19 symptoms or test positive while visiting the United States:
- If you come into close contact with someone with COVID-19: follow CDC’s recommendations for quarantine.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms: follow CDC’s recommendations for isolation.
- Take precautions for travel; recommendations for domestic and international travel.
Note: If your country of origin is outside of the United States, we recommend you review the guidance provided by your local health authorities for COVID-19 protocols for scheduling your return home.
As an in-person participant of the conference, you represent and certify that:
- I support 2023 IEEE Power & Energy Society Grid Edge COVID-19 Safety Measures and will follow its COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- I acknowledge that attending the conference is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19, and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending the conference.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!
We are looking forward to seeing you at the conference!