SubmiSSION site open NOW | DEADLINE July 31, 2022
The opportunity to participate in what will help shape the power and energy industry for years to come is here. Lead the conversation April 10-13, 2023 in San Diego at the NEW! IEEE PES Grid Edge Technologies Conference & Exposition.
The aim of the conference and exhibition is to provide an international forum for experts to promote, share, and discuss issues, solutions, and lessons learned working at the interface of the electric grid and the customer premise.
Industry professionals and academics are invited to submit papers, presentations, and panels on their innovative research and application experience related to the grid edge, including:
- Utilities, C&I, and Residential Customers
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Connected Utilities & Infrastructure
- Utility of the Future Business Models
- Policy & Regulatory Framework Enabling Grid Edge Technologies
- e-Mobility & Charging Infrastructure
- Energy Efficiency & Flexible Loads
- Smart Cities & IoT
- Cyber Security & Data Privacy
- Connectivity & Communication
- May 2, 2022: Submission Site Opens
- July 31, 2022: Paper, Presentation, and Panel Submissions Due
Paper Submission Details
Submission Site: AVAILABLE NOW!
Submission of a paper does not guarantee acceptance. Quality and relevancy of the submitted paper is the highest priority for acceptance. Papers will undergo a rigorous review process via the IEEE PES Technical Committees and specific quotas and acceptance rates will be established and applied.
Presentation of Conference Papers
Conference papers will be scheduled for presentation at the Monday evening poster session. Presentation of an accepted paper at the conference is a requirement of publication. Any paper that is not presented at the conference will not be included in IEEE Xplore.
Prize Conference Paper
Up to 5 conference papers will be chosen and recognized as Grid Edge Conference Prize Papers. These papers and authors will be identified at the Monday night poster session and the authors will receive a letter of recognition.
Transactions Paper Presentations at the Poster Session
An author of an accepted PES Transactions paper who is interested in presenting it at the 2023 PES Grid Edge must select “accepted transactions paper abstract” as the paper type from the dropdown menu. You must upload the full paper, as a supporting document, in addition to the paper’s abstract, to the on-line submission and review site by the deadlines listed above. The appropriate PES Technical Committee Program Chair (TCPC) will determine if the topic of the paper is suited for presentation in one of the technical sessions. The author will be notified of the decision by e-mail.
This process is for the TCPC’s use only. The full paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings. Do not upload the full paper as its own submission. It must be uploaded along with the abstract so there will be only one conference paper number. Accepted Transactions papers that will be presented at the 2023 Grid Edge will have their abstracts published in the Conference Proceedings.
Presentation and Panel Submission Details
Submission Site: PRESENTATION | PANEL
Conference Presentation Submission Requirements
Conference Panel Submission Requirements
All speakers and moderators shall:
- Be present to speak; there will be no option for remote participation or virtual presentations in the panels.
- Refrain from any commercial discussion.
- Use the IEEE PES Grid Edge slide template for any slide presentations.
- Refrain from discussing details of their organization, such as their location, size, etc. This includes speakers from governmental entities and utilities.
- Provide all slides to their Grid Edge technical committee contact by March 1, 2023. You may be asked to revise your material prior to the conference.
- Sign an IEEE Consent and Release form allowing IEEE to post the presentation in the PES Resource Center post conference.
- Provide a two (2) sentence introduction to be used in the panel. For panels made up of individual presentations, the moderator will be assigned by the Grid Edge technical committee.
- Participate in at least one pre-conference virtual meeting in March 2023 to discuss the panel details, sequence of speakers, flow of discussion, etc.
Presentation and Panel Selection
Submissions must be complete by July 31, 2022. Submitters will be advised via email of acceptance or rejection of the submission by November 15, 2022. If revisions are required, people will be notified prior to that date. Accepted panels will be entered into the conference paper submission site and panel chairs will be required to complete all panelists’ information in that site by December 15, 2022.